Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Two Looks, One Face

I just got a new no name eye palette from a dollar store and it's full of some amazing sheer and shimmer eye shadows. Last night I chose to try two different looks, they're similar and the idea behind it was that you could do one look in the morning for work / school / daytime and then just by adding a couple extra things you could take it up a notch for an awesome evening look. Note: I have no mascara on in these pictures so it's incomplete, I think mascara is what really pulls everything together so just use your imagination. This is just a reference tutorial if you would like to try a similar look.

This is the day look, I used the highlight color from Wet'n'Wilds Walking On Eggshells Palette for an all over and browbone highlight. Then I went through with a golden peach with gold shimmer, I applied this under my bottom lashline as well. This was done using a MAC 217. In the crease I used a bronze / copper shimmer shadow to give the look some depth, my inspiration was a sort of tropical sunset toned down for a work appropriate look, to achieve this I used Sephora's Angled Crease Brush. I finished everything off using a MAC 266 Angled Brush and NYX's matte black shadow, I ran it across my upper lashline and gave it a soft 'flick' at the end for some drama. 

Now, bring on the night!
For this look, I took the crease color from the day look and pulled in closer into my inner corner and beneath my lower lashline. I really love this color with brown eyes, I feel like it brightens everything in a seductive Keira Knightley way. Obviously, I added lots more liner, I used an NYX pencil to line my upper and lower waterlines. I also added more liner to the top and smudged it with, what else, a smudger!

By the way! 
Sorry I've been gone for so long, I've recently been accepted as an extern at a business I've been trying to get into for quite some time now. I'm having to invest a lot of time into the externship which leaves me little time for my blog, makeup, and other things that make me smile /: It's quite saddening to me, but I'm trying to understand it as a sacrifice that has to happen. I'm not stopping my blogging in anyway, so don't fear! And I'll still try to keep up as much as I can I just wanted to share what was going on. Thank you everyone who reads and takes time out of their day to see what I have to say, it's so crazy (: So again, thank you thank you thank you!!

XOX,
- Mj

2 comments:

  1. Is it true when you are over 40 you shouldn't wear frosty eye shadows or sparkly eye shadow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in the sense that the shimmer and sparkles can settle into your fine lines and wrinkles. But I think there are classy ways to wear shimmer for older women, just because you're 40 doesn't mean you should be banned from all fun things! Including sparkly makeup! A great way 40+r's can wear shimmer is in the inner corner of the eye. Use a bright shimmer cream, white, any light color right in the corner of your eye and blend it out, this will open your eye up and brighten things up!

    ReplyDelete