Thursday, July 28, 2011

Holy Grail: Sephora Palette

I love Sephora for many reasons that I'm sure are similar to why you love them too. In particular, I looooove their own line. The prices are much more affordable compared to other makeup they carry and in my opinion just as useful and versatile. I recently bought a palette that contains everything I need to perfect any look, for only $12. I don't know if the exact one I purchased is available anymore but they have an even bigger one that retails for $19 and I'm sure it's just as great if not better, you can take a look here. Anyway, I just wanted to share the glory of this makeup steal, it contains four (4) face colors, sixteen (16) lip colors, and thirty-two (32) eye shadows! I already know this ones gonna be long, but you know I like being as descriptive as possible so you don't end up buying something you regret.
It comes in a really sleek black packaging, the cheek colors and lip glosses push into the package to make it measure approx. 6 inches across. It's really nice to be able to grab one product and it have absolutely everything I need for tons of looks. I always take this when I travel instead of bringing individual eye shadows and blushes. Just throw this in my purse and I'm set for day looks, night looks, colorful ideas, and a neutral face.
The Eyes
The eyeshadow portion of this palette contains thirty-two (32) one square inch shadows ranging from matte black to a light pink shimmer. Shimmers and foils take up the majority of the palette with about four (4) matte shades thrown in there. My favorites are some of the bronzes and browns and the really bright green.Just about any color combination can be created with these and don't forget about mixing shades to create custom colors. Here are some swatches on the skin to show the true pigmentation and color of the shadows. I've divided the swatches up to make them easier to see. The swatches will focus on two rows of four colors starting from the top left, moving down, then over to the right side of the palette. Sorry if that sounds confusing I just want everyone to be able to compare the swatches to the pot colors without confusion. (: But if you do end up having any questions, just ask!
Swatches
Cheeks
I really love the cheek quad that comes in this palette. There's a light pink shimmer highlight, a matte apricot peach shade, a barbie pink blush, and a golden shimmer bronzer. They're really pigmented and show up super pretty on the skin. You can add just a little for a slight color or layer it on for something more dramatic.
Swatches
Lips
There are sixteen (16) lip shades ranging from dramatic fushcia to clear. Some of the more pigmented ones I would consider a liquid lipstick, as for the sheer ones, they're really pretty over an actual lipstick or alone as a lipgloss.

Swatches

Overall, I really love this palette. So many different looks can be made from it so it really gives the opportunity to play around with your creative side. Don't be scared of the bright colors, remember no one wakes up one morning and is good at makeup. It takes practice and time. And this is a great product to get that practice. Here are a couple photos of me wearing different variations of this palette:
In this photo, I'm wearing the peach blush and pink cheek highlight.

If you'd like me to try a look created from this palette, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll do my best to try it!

Do you have a "go-to" product that offers versatility and saves space? If so, what is it?
XOX,
- Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment