Sunday, July 10, 2011

Goldstone Mother

My mom and I keep making plans to head over to the mall and check out the MAC counter. Unfortunately, our schedules conflict so much it hasn't happened in some time...I now know this was for a purpose. That purpose? MAC Semi-Precious Collection's Mineralise Skin Finish in Goldstone was made for my mother. Let me explain...

The reason we were heading to the MAC counter initially was because my mom was always asking about how I got my skin to "glow", I explained how I recently fell in love with MAC's Cream Colour Base in Pearl and it's now a staple in my makeup regimine. And that I was needing to kill my lem for MAC's Face & Body Foundation (review to come soon!). I wanted her to get a piece of the pie so we headed out to the counter. While walking up to the Cream Colour Base's a sales associate pops up and asks us if we need anything, my mom explains her situation and she brings my mothers attention to the loose pigments. (A bad idea for mature women) However, the sales associate didn't seem to think about that and readily popped on some pigment to my mothers cheekbones (which are amazing by the way) and says "Oh that looks great!". Mom turns around and I am suddenly noticing that she has wrinkles I'd never noticed before, I immediately turn her attention away from this product. I don't know if the MAC girl didn't quite understand what we were looking for but this was not it, our goal was to find her something to give a youthful glow. Not to accentuate features that otherwise are invisible. I turn my mother around to distract her from getting sucked into purchasing this, and point her attention to MAC's latest collection Semi-Precious. I really didn't think we'd find anything too amazing her but lo and behold Mineralise Skin Finish in Goldstone.


"A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on; adds buffed up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face?" (Source: maccosmetics.com)
(Source: Temptalia.com)
MAC describes this as having a brown base with a rosey pink, white and gold inner circle. I find this product especially wonderful because of it's double features. You have the warm shimmery bronze surrounding a perfect pink highlight or blush depending on application. Or you can mix the two for a customized cheek color. A $28 two-in-one limited edition product from MAC isn't so bad. There's also two other Mineralize Skin Finishes and a few other bits & bobs I'm sure you'll enjoy. Here's my beautiful mother wearing it! Notice how the light hits her cheek bones and gives that amazing glow. 
I definitely recommend this product for women over the age of 30 (and under as well!) it's so wearable and seems it would enhance both warm and cool undertones. I know a lot of mature women are a little hesitant when it comes to wearing shimmery makeup, it's been dubbed as something only young faces can wear, MAC has changed this concept with Goldstone. I think I'll have to get some of this for myself now (; Check out temptalia's review of this, she has amazing swatches and photos that'll give you a great idea of what your purchasing before you even decide to. Her link is here. Anything from the Semi-Precious Collection is sure to turn up a gem in your makeup bag...I had to heheheh (;

What's your new favorite product?

XOX,
- Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment