Tuesday, July 12, 2011

20 already?


I'll be turning twenty on the 23rd of this month and I'm having quite the reality check as a result. It's crazy how fast time has gone by for me since I've started getting older, and it's quite strange thinking that I've been a member of earth for that many years, days, hours...minutes! OMG! :p Anyway, I just wanted to make a fun little wish list post with some pretty photos and reflect on how I've grown as a person and what I hope the future holds for me.

Wishful Thinking...
Kodak EasyShare M532 or a Canon of some sort!
Sadly my camera that I received for signing up for college (what a gimmick, huh?) has finally died on me. She only lasted but a year, but I expected nothing less. As a result, I NEED a new good quality camera, and though I'm more about the price than the technical abilities, I want a camera with substantial quality for my blog and personal photos!
Apple MacBook Charger
As my significant other will tell you, I have broken the charger / attachment cord to every electronic I own. I couldn't tell you how it happened but it's seriously a problem when I can't get to my computer, phone or camera. 

MUST HAVE ^^^ I absolutely adore this bib necklace

Forever 21 
Just like most girls, I have a die hard love affair with Forever 21. I'm currently loving loose fitting garments including tanks, tees, and off the shoulder tops. Another favorite as of now? High waisted shorts, but I'm thinking of getting some thrift store levi's and cutting them up.
Lighted Makeup Mirror
I am in dire need of a lighted makeup mirror. Unfortunately, I have no area in my home that provides good enough light to apply makeup /: I would love a lighted mirror to make my life a little easier!
Family Time
The best part of my birthday is definitely going to be spending time with my loved ones. It's always a good time no matter where or what we're doing. I'm quite the creature of habit and every single year for my birthday my family and I head over to Shogun Restaurant (it's like a Benihannas where they cook teppan yaki in front of you) it's my favorite food in the world and I even get excited just to eat there! Aside from the food, my loved ones are the most fun and exciting people I know, I always enjoy spending time with them and find that it's hard not to have a smile on my face when I'm with them. Just writing this is making me so excited to spend time with them I can't wait! I'll report back after my birthday with photos.

Reap What You Sow

As for growing up I think I'm doing a decent job. I'm almost ready to graduate school, get my first "real" job and move forward with more education. 5 years ago I had no idea where I would be, I didn't think about the future or who I wanted to be as a person. It's been a complete turn around and I'm happy to say I'm proud of where I'm going and who I'm becoming. I have an amazing family and support system to help me through any trial that comes my way. I'm lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend who also supports me through everything I do. My family is going to freak upon reading this, but I'm considering getting a small tattoo in representation of my personal growth, resilient faith, and positivity for the future. This is just an idea so nothing is set in stone yet! But I do think a nice reminder of who I am and who I want to be (with the help from the Big Man Upstairs, of course, I couldn't be anything without him) would be a lovely little way of expression (; I won't bore you longer with my life story but it's just a strange reality check for me turning 20. It's like a milestone I never even thought about. I can't wait for what the next 5 years hold, but I know one thing for sure, I'll be going there in style (;

Have you achieved your dreams? Or have any special plans with your life for the future?
I hope your birthdays and everyday are filled with happiness, love, and good people <3

XOX,
- Mj







No comments:

Post a Comment